WHO WE ARE
The New York Film Critics Online, is an organization composed of 33 top online film critics in New York City. It has a rich mix of reviewers who have carved out original, innovative spaces on the internet for critical illumination. The group meets once a year, in December, and votes its film awards for that year.
We currently have a full roster of critics. But NYFCO is open to considering occasional new applications from those whose websites exemplify unique qualities, such as the writers' prestige in the film community, special points of view by which critics analyze and rate movies, and those who would add to NYFCO's standard of cultural diversity that acknowledges and reflects the NYC movie audience.
Invitations require the unanimous vote of our 3 directors. You may Apply For Admission To NYFCO if at the time of your application:
1) You live in the New York City area.
2) You get invited by Manhattan studio publicists to new films in advance of opening day.
3) During the past 12 months, you personally (not you and your web staff) post 50 or more reviews of films newly released to New York theaters ( DVD reviews count only of current films). Each review should be posted by New York opening day, but never later than two weeks after opening. Capsule reviews (under 300 words) will not count for admissions purposes. Members must continue to fulfill these requirements to retain NYFCO affiliation.
4) You are willing to link your URL to http://rottentomatoes.com (having an author number on Rotten Tomatoes already is a plus)
5) You are principally an online critic as opposed to a print or broadcast critic with an online presence.
6) Your reviews should be easily to find, preferably with a page that includes all your links in much the way that Rotten Tomatoes author pages list them.
7) You do not belong to other online critics' organizations.
8) You are not affiliated with a website that already has a current member.
How To Apply To NYFCO
If you answer is YES to all of the above, please send an E-Mail to email@example.com and state the following:
1) Your name.
2) Your home address.
3) Your phone number.
4) Your website URL.
5) Your E-Mail address.
6) A one-paragraph biographical sketch.